- Anna University
The Anna University established on 4 September 1978 is a state technical university. On NIRF Ranking this institution has ranked 10th in India. There are two campuses of Anna University; main campus Guindy, Chennai and satellite campus Chromepet, Chennai. For engineering programmes Anna University got 8th rank on National Institutional Ranking Framework. In main campus you will find
- College of Engineering, Guindy
- Alagappa College of Technology
- School of Architecture and Planning
- Three Departments of University of Madras
The Madras Institute of Technology is housed in Chromepet campus.
The Anna University is an affiliating institution. There are zonal offices of Anna University across Tamil Nadu; in Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, and Tirunelveli..
- The Coimbatore region has 207 colleges affiliated with Anna University.
- The Chennai region has 179 Colleges affiliated with Anna University.
- The Tiruchirappalli Region has 89 colleges affiliated with Anna University.
- The Tirunelveli region has 72 colleges affiliated with Anna University.
Also Anna University has provided affiliation to many Engineering colleges of Government of Tamil Nadu, Government Aided Colleges and Self Financing Colleges.
Admission to Anna University
Anna University accepts JEE Main
Score for admission to different engineering degree programmes. For post graduate programmes like MBA, MCA, BE, BTech, MArch admission is offered on the basis of TANCET
Score. The candidates with a valid GATE
score do not require to appear for TANCET.
Anna University follows semester system of examination For odd semester exams takes place in November-December. For even semester exams takes place in May-June.
List of Anna University Faculty Departments
The list of Anna University Departments is given below
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Science and Humanities
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning
List of Anna University Centers
The Anna University has following centers
- AU-FRG Institute for CAD/CAM
- AU-KBC Research Centre
- AU-RU Urban Energy Centre
- AU Sports Board
- AU-TVS Center for Quality Management
- Building Technology Centre
- Centre for Academic Courses
- Centre for Aerospace Research
- Centre for Applied Research in Indic Technologies
- Centre for Biotechnology
- Centre for Climate Change and Disaster Management
- Centre for Development of Tamil in Engg.&Technology
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management
- Centre for Distance Education
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Development
- Centre for Environmental Studies
- Centre for Faculty Development
- Centre for Human Settlements
- Centre for Intellectual Property Rights
- Centre for International Relations
- Centre for Professional Development Education
- Centre for Medical Electronics
- Centre for Nano Science and Technology
- Centre for Technology Development and Transfer
- Centre for University Industry Collaboration
- Centre for Water Resources
- Centre for Women Empowerment
- Crystal Growth Centre
- Educational Multimedia Research Centre
- Health Centre
- Institute of Catalysis and Petroleum Technology
- Institute for Energy Studies
- Institute of Ocean Management
- Institute of Remote Sensing
- Knowledge Data Centre
- Logistic Centre
- NHHID - National Hub for Healthcare Intrumentation Development
- Office of the Controller of Examinations
- Ramanujan Computing Centre
- SC/ST Cell
- Student Affairs
- University Innovation Cluster
- University Library
The Anna University is one of the top universities in India for research in science, engineering and technology. In the span of 40 years i.e. 1978 to 2018 the university has awarded 9234 PhDs.