Crystal Growth Centre
Established by Anna University in 1982, Crystal Growth Centre promotes research interests in the field of Crystal Growth and characterisation. With the active involvement and contribution of eminent and hardworking faculty and researchers, the Centre was recognized by the University Grants commission in 1990 as the CGC:UGC-AU Facility for Crystal Growth.
The objectives of the centre are to continuously upgrade the research activities and to contribute in the frontier areas of research and technology relevant to crystal growth and characterisation. The centre had implemented several major national research programs supported by National funding agencies such as DST, DAE, DRDO, UGC, ISRO, MNES, DOE, BRNS, IUAC etc. The mandate of the centre was also to promote the research interests of the researchers from all over India under the visitors program.
Programs in Crystal Growth Centre
Area of research in the centre are:
Crystal and development of Semiconductor wafers of Ge, GaAs, InP, InSb, CdTe and other III-V materials.
Non-linear optical crystals of Potassium Aluminium Borate, KTP, KDP and related materials, Urea and related materials, Thio- Urea complexes, other Semi-organic and organic crystals.
Laser crystals of double Tungstates, doped sapphires and Gadolinium Yttrium Calcium Oxy Borate doped with Neodymium and Gadolinium Calcium Oxy Borate doped with Neodymium.
- Ferroelectric materials of TGS, KDP, BaTiO3 and related materials
- Piezoelectric crystals of lead molybdate, PMN-PT, PZN-PT and others
- Bio-materials of Calcium phosphates and related materials, Cholesterol and related materials, oxalates and tartrates
- Bone replacement material such as Hydroxyapatite at Nano scale
- Heterostructures of GaN, GaAs and other III-V materials
- Sol-Gel processing of Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide.
- The expertise available at Crystal Growth Centre, can be extended to the following Industries
- Semiconductor based Industries through transfer of technology for the development of wafers.
- Solid State Lighting industry based on Light Emitting Diodes
- Laser and Optical materials based Industries through supply of raw materials.
- Photonic industries through the technology transfer of LED and other components development.
- Energy and Environment based ventures for the production of solar cells and pollution free energy resource.
- Bio-Industries, through the technology transfer of bio-compatible material development and characterization of materials.
- Nano science and technology based industries
- Thin Film coating industries
Crystal Growth Centre,
Phone no : 91-44-22358322
Fax no : 91-44-22352774
Emai : email@example.com