- Annamalai University Be Full Time
Annamalai University BE Full Time Program 2019
The Annamalai University conducts an entrance examination for admission to the four years full time degree program in engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) through various engineering departments. The courses can only be applied by the candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu only can apply. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grants Commission (UGC) are the two governing bodies that recognize the degrees awarded to the candidates.
Annamalai University BE Full Time Exam Dates 2019 (Tentative)
- AU BE Full Time Examination Day : 1 July, 2019
Annamalai University BE Full Time Programs 2019Annamalai University (AU) offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degree programs in following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Annamalai University BE Full Time Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) Degree Courses in Annamalai University are given below:
The candidate should be a resident of Tamil Nadu. Other than these, the candidates whose parents are Central Govt. employees and the candidates who belong to other states but their parents / guardian are working in the state of Tamil Nadu is also eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Annamalai University.
Given below are the educational qualifications that are required by the candidates to fulfill for admission to the first year of the four year Bachelor of Engineering course
- Should successfully complete H.Sc (Academic) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Should successfully complete H.Sc (Vocational Stream) with Engineering as Vocational subjects and Mathematics, Physics as one of the related subjects
- The candidates should successfully complete a Diploma course in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical and Computer Science and Engineering.
- Other equivalent examination which is Annamalai University approved.
Minimum MarksCategory I and III Minimum Marks
- Community (1) - Higher Secondary (Academic) / Higher Secondary(Vocation) / Diploma Holders.*
- Open Competition (O.C.) - 60% average in the related subjects
- Backward Class (B.C.) - 55% average in the related subjects
- Most Backward Class (MBC/DNC) - 50% average in the related subjects
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) - Mere pass
* Average in V & VI Semesters
Annamalai University BE Full Time Admission Process
The Annamalai University conducts the entrance examination every year in the month of May and the candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination and also in the qualifying examination.
Annamalai University BE Full Time Seat Reservation
AU BE Full Time degree program has a total number of 706 seats and the seat allocation for the candidates are as follows.Category I
- Open Competition 31%
- Backward Class 30%
- Most Backward Class 20%
- SC 18%
- ST 1%
Other than these, there is a 3% reservation of seats for disabled persons.Category II
On the request of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Education), 21 seats are reserved for candidates who belong to any of the following categories
- Foreign students
- Students from Indian States and Union Territories lacking facilities, and
- Sons and wards of India-based staff posted abroad etc.
- Two seats are reserved for sons and daughters of defence personnel selected by Kendriya Sainik Board, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
81 seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the following groups
Annamalai University Contact Details
- Candidates with proficiency in sports and games have 36 seats reserved for them. They should be outstanding players or sportsmen who represent the Nation, their respective State, Universities and Districts. Evidence should be furnished by them who prove themselves to fall in the category.
- Candidates who belong to the physically handicapped category have a reservation of 3 seats for them. However, the handicapped candidate should not be such that they are unable to pursue the programme. They should furnish a certificate that is authorized by the Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon. Candidates who suffer from Myopia will not be considered as a handicap.
- Candidates whose parents have notably contributed to the development of Muthamizh (Iyal, Isai and Nadagam) have a reservation of 33 seats. They should furnish certificates which highly distinguish them in the respective fields.
- Candidates who are the grand-sons or grand-daughters of freedom fighters have a reservation of 3 seats. Certificates should be produced by them which are by a Revenue Official.
- Candidates who are the sons and daughters of ex-servicemen/servicing personnel in defence forces belonging to Tamil Nadu have a reservation of 3 seats. Certificates are to be furnished by them from the appropriate authorities in the Armed Forces or from any Officer concerned who is Grade A or B in State/Central Service.
Annamalai Nagar - 608 002
Tamil Nadu, India
Tel : 91 - 4144 - 238248/263/796
FAX : 91 - 4144 – 238080
E-Mail : email@example.com
Website : www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
VRS : 91 - 4144-237356/237357/237358/237359 (Voice-net)