Hindustan Institute of Technology & Sciences (HITS), Chennai conducts an online exam every year for admission to students in their Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science college for B.Tech and B.Arch programmes. Established in the year 1985, the Hindustan College of Engineering was given "University Status" by UGC, Government of India Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 with the name "HINDUSTAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE" from 2008.
HITS Eligibility Criteria
For B.Tech Courses:
- Candidates who want to take admission to the B.Tech Degree program should have completed their higher secondary examination (10 2) from a recognized board of secondary education with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.
- The university won’t consider improvement marks for admission.
For B.Tech Biotechnology:
- Candidates should have completed their higher secondary examination (10 2) from a recognized board of secondary education.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50 % marks in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
For B.Arch Courses:
- Candidates should have completed their higher secondary examination (10 2) from a recognized board of secondary education with a minimum of 50% marks with mathematics or business mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Alternatively, candidates can complete a 3 year diploma program (10 3) with a minimum of 50% marks with mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Candidates must have qualified NATA examination with a minimum of 80/200 score.
Age Limit and Nationality:
- Candidates applying for HITSEEE 2019 should have reached at least 17 years of age when they are filling the application form.
- The upper age limit for applying for HITSEE 2019 is 19 years.
- Candidates should be less than 19 years or 19 years on the last week of April, 2019.
- Only Indian nationals, residing in India can apply for HITSEEE 2019.
HITS Exam Centres
Bangalore, Coimbatore, Chennai (University Campus - Padur), Chennai (City Campus - St Thomas Mount), Kochi, Kozhikode, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kottayam, Kadappa, Lucknow, Madurai, Nagercoil, Nellore, New Delhi, Patna, Puducherry, Ranchi, Tirunelveli, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
HITS 2019 Application Process
All interested candidates have to register for the examination at the official website. Then they have to complete the online application form and pay the prescribed fees. Once the forms are filled out, you have to keep a hard copy of the same for future reference. You also have to give preferences to different degree programmes offered along with test center choices.
Offline- Application forms can be purchased by paying Rs.1000/- in cash or by DD in favor of Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science payable at Chennai.
Rs.1000/- by cash or Demand Draft drawn in favor of "Hindustan Institute of Technology and Sciences" can be payable at Chennai. If making the payment online, HITS University website www.hindustanuniv.ac.in can be accessed where you can pay online Rs.925/- through Credit Card/ Debit Card.
HITS Important Dates 2019
- Date Of Issue Of HITSEEE 2019 Application Form: 05.12.2018
- Last Date For HITSEEE 2019 Application Form: 18.03.2019
- Last Date For Submission Of Filled-In Application Form: 08.04.2019
- Online Entrance Exam Dates (Chennai Centres): 28.04.2019 & 02.05.2019
- Online Entrance Exam Dates (Other Centres): 28.04.2019 & 29.04.2019
- Counselling Dates: 15.05.2019 & 25.05.2019
HITSEEE application can be purchased from any of the following locations-Head Office
40, G.S.T Road,
St. Thomas Mount, Chennai-600016 University Campus:
P.O. Box No.1, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR),
Padur, (Via) Kelambakkam, Chennai-603103Kochi Office:
Bee Jay Towers, Rajaji Road,
Kochi-682035; Delhi Office:
Commercial Space No.S-5,
Vasant Square Mall, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi-110070Calicut Office:
V Zone building, Parayanchery,
Mavoor road, Calicut-673016