- IIITDM Kancheepuram
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram
Established in 2007 as an Institute of National Importance, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram (IIITDM Kancheepuram) is a Centre of Excellence for technical education and research where students pursue design and manufacturing oriented engineering education and research. The aim of the institute is to promote the competitive advantage of Indian products in global markets.
The institute, which is the second one after Jabalpur, was operating from its temporary campus within the Indian Institute of Technology Madras which was also mentoring it. Since 2011, it has moved to its permanent campus at Kelambakkam-Vandalur road near Chennai in 2011.
The institute offers academic and research programs that integrate engineering design, manufacturing and management with information technology. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs which focus on IT, design and manufacturing in engineering sectors. The curricula and other research activities adopt an inter-disciplinary approach with focus on experiential learning and information science based modern tools and techniques.
Academic Programs in IIITDM Kancheepuuram
- Computer Engineeering (COE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineeering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing (EDM)
- Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing (MDM)
- Smart Manufacturing (MSM)
- B. Tech - Computer Engineering M. Tech - Computer Engineering (CED)
- B. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in D & M M. Tech - VLSI & Electronic System Design (EVD)
- B. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in D & M M. Tech - Signal Processing & Communication System Design (ESD)
- B. Tech - Mechanical Engineering with specialization in D & M M. Tech - Product Design (MPD)
- B. Tech - Mechanical Engineering with specialization in D & M M. Tech - Advanced Manufacturing (MFD)
- M. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Spl: Communication Systems Design)
- M. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Spl: Electronics Systems Design)
- M. Tech - Mechanical Engineering (Spl: Mechanical Systems Design)
- M. Tech - Mechanical Engineering (Spl: Smart Manufacturing)
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The mode of admission is based on the JEE Main. State Rank is not Considered for admission into IIITs.
Research in IIITDM Kancheepuram
The Institute started the Ph.D programme in 2009. Presently more than 35 research scholars are working in the disciplines of computer science, mechanical and electrical & electronics engineering in pursuit of their Doctorate degrees. Interdisciplinary research programmes are offered by the following departments:
- Mechanical engineering
All faculty members of the institute are doctoral degree holders from reputed institutes with good academic and research record and are involved in sponsored research and industrial consultancy.
Phone: 91-44-2747 6300, 91-44-2747 6301