- Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Sriperumbudur
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Sriperumbudur
Set up in 1993, the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, is an Institution of National Importance by the Act of Parliament under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India.
The RGNIYD functions as a vital resource centre with its multi-faceted functions of offering academic programmes at Post Graduate level encompassing various dimensions of youth development, engaging in seminal research in the vital areas of youth development and coordinating Training Programmes for state agencies and the officials of youth organisation, besides the Extension and Outreach initiatives across the country.
Objectives of RGNIYD
- To evolve as an Institute of advanced study in the field of youth development.
- To undertake action and applied research
- To empower youth to participate in inclusive development and nation building
- To provide higher education in the field of youth development
- To carry out policy research, evaluation and impact analysis of youth programmes
Functions of RGNIYD
- Policy and Research
- Promoting youth participation
- Networking and coordination
- Inclusive development
- Capacity Building
- Professionalisation of youth development
- Livelihood programmes
Academic Programs in RGNIYD Sriperumbudur
Post Graduate Programmes
- M.Sc.Counselling Psychology
- M.A.Development Policy and Practice
- M.A.Gender Studies
- M.A.Local Governance and Development
- M.A.Social Innovations and Entrepreneurship
- M.A. Social Work (Youth and Community Development)
- B.Voc. Apparel Manufacturing & Entrepreneurship
- B.Voc. Fashion Design & Retail
Post Graduate Diploma Programme
Admission in RGNIYD Sriperumbudur
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks (For SC/ST candidates with minimum of 45 percent marks) in any discipline from a recognised university.
For M.Sc. Counselling Psychology the applicant should have studied a minimum of 2 papers in Psychology at the Undergraduate level.
Candidates whose final year results are awaited can also apply.
Admission for all the above Master degree programmes shall be based on the qualifying marks in the under graduate programme/ entrance test/ group discussion and other methods as prescribed by the Departments.
Research Programmes - Ph.D
The RGNIYD offers interdisciplinary doctoral programmes on youth studies. Areas of Research have been broadly classified into the following areas: Youth Empowerment, Career Counselling, Gender Studies, Local Governance and Life Skills Education. All the areas suggested for research are inter-disciplinary in nature.
Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD)
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India
Post Box No. 6, Sriperumbudur Post, Tamil Nadu - 602105, India
Phone : (091)044 - 27163127 Fax : (091)044 - 27163227